[Openstack-security] OSSN-0013 ready for review

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Mon May 5 19:59:53 UTC 2014

On 05/05/2014 12:39 PM, Bhandaru, Malini K wrote:
> We have two OSSN-0013s making their way!
> Need a better number reservation system. :-)

Let's let Rob take OSSN-0013, and the one you are working on can be
OSSN-0014.

If we want to reserve a number, we could grab it on the OSSN wiki page
ahead of time.  My concern with this is that  someone could grab a
number to start writing a security note, then disappear for some time
(or the issue takes a lot of back and forth to get through review).  In
the meantime, other notes might be written and published.  This will
result in the numbers being out of sequence.  It's not the end of the
world, but it is a bit confusing.  This isn't a theoretical situation
either, as OSSN-0010 was published after OSSN-0011 and OSSN-0012:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security_Notes

The alternative is that we assign the number at publishing time.  This
requires more diligence at patch approval time to ensure that we don't
duplicate a number and might require patch rework to renumber things
(which is what we're going through right now).

What preferences do others have on this?

Thanks,
-NGK