[Openstack-security] [openstack/nova] SecurityImpact review request change I2016efdb3f49a44ec4d677ac596eacc97871f30a

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Wed Mar 26 22:28:50 UTC 2014

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
SecurityImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/82841

Log:
commit b5ea4aa9b982822262ac63b7943aee1fb7180567
Author: David Ripton <dripton at redhat.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 17 22:18:05 2014 -0400

    Persist image format to a file, to prevent attacks based on changing it

    The attack is based on creating a raw image that looks like a qcow2
    image, and taking advantage of the code that used 'qemu-img info' to
    autodetect the image format.

    Now we store the image format to a 'disk.info' file, for Qcow2 and Raw
    images, and only autodetect for images that have never been written to
    that file.

    Manually resolved one conflict in nova/virt/libvirt/imagebackend.py:
    snapshot_delete was removed in icehouse, but is still there in havana

    SecurityImpact

    Change-Id: I2016efdb3f49a44ec4d677ac596eacc97871f30a
    Closes-bug: #1221190