[Openstack-security] OSSG election electorate -- all pitches together

Sriram Subramanian sriram at sriramhere.com
Tue Mar 18 17:58:20 UTC 2014

Kurt,

Great question and very important one too. Here is my answer:

I am my own employer - which gives me flexibility in choosing where to
spend my time on (which is the good part).

There is also a downside to this, when sometimes I am involved in a
different project, which might take my time away from OSSG. To an extent, I
mitigate this by having visibility for next 3 months on my pipeline, but
not longer than that.

I agree there is some uncertainty, but there is no interference from upper
management or no sudden change of priorities due to changes in the Org. You
make the call!

Thanks,
-Sriram

PS: This is my quintessential dilemma: how to contribute to OpenStack
independently effectively without being employed by a bigger employer. This
is little bit better than 2 years ago when I was with an employer which was
NOT in for open source contributions:)

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Bryan D. Payne <bdpayne at acm.org> wrote:

> Are we allowed to ask candidates questions?
>>

> I don't see any problem with this.  In fact, it sounds like a great way to
> make a more informed decision.  Thanks for starting the discussion.
>
> -bryan

-Sriram