[Openstack-security] OSSG Lead Candidacy Kickoff

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Thu Mar 6 11:25:26 UTC 2014

Hello OSSG Members!

I would be honored to lead our efforts as a group to making OpenStack more secure and making OSSG a first class OpenStack citizen.
Bryan and Robert have done an excellent job in raising the visibility of security as a cross cutting issue
across OpenStack projects, publishing a book, and chasing the nuances of each security issue in OSSAs and OSSNs.
Their shoes will be hard to fill.  We have a great team and strong regulars and I hope to grow this core to include cores across the projects to be our security eyes, ears and feature design sanitizers.

A little about myself:
Malini Bhandaru is an Architect and Engineering Manager with the Open Source Technology Center in the Software and Services group at Intel. Over her five year tenure at Intel she has worked on Xeon server power and performance aspects, faster implementations of hashing and encryption algorithms, and more recently on OpenStack. She is proud to be an author of the OpenStack Security Guide, of championing a key manager in OpenStack, and in assisting other Intel cloud efforts. Prior to Intel she has worked on remote monitoring and management, e-commerce, speech recognition, and other products. Malini has a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She enjoys gardening, cooking, and long walks.

Thanks!
Hopping off my soap box
Malini