[Openstack-security] [openstack/keystone] SecurityImpact review request change If698fc1d0751cded556825b081539da4dd51275e

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Thu Jun 12 22:35:21 UTC 2014

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
SecurityImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/95989

Log:
commit 6e39f581fd78407493658b6260b3683e9de7dfee
Author: Adam Young <ayoung at redhat.com>
Date:   Tue May 27 21:51:12 2014 -0400

    Kerberos as method name

    To date kerberos has been supported by the "external" method
    name.  However, the Client plugin architecture needs to refer to the
    method name , and we do not want to expose to the client the
    difference between kerberos as performed by an external module or
    an eventual kerberos-in-eventlet style implementation.

    If the "external" plugin is missing, the old code would throw an
    exception attempting to process "REMOTE_USER" behavior.  If only
    'Kerberos" is specified, this is checked and skipped.

    Blueprint: kerberos-authentication
    SecurityImpact:  Minimal, as Kerberos is already used via external,
                     this  just changes the main way it is named.

    Change-Id: If698fc1d0751cded556825b081539da4dd51275e