[Openstack-security] IMPORTANT: OpenStack Security Notes - Repository Migration

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 01:54:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating the openstack-security-notes
repository[1] that we use for OSSNs to the security-doc repository[2]
where the Security Guide is kept.  This has been discussed numerous
times in our weekly meetings, so hopefully the effort is not a surprise
to anyone.  The main reasons for the move are:

- Automatically publishing OSSNs into an appendix of the Security Guide
should be much easier.

- We can hook into the existing documentation gate tests more easily
since they are already used by the new repository.

- IRC channel notifications are already set up for the new repository.

During this cut-over period, I would like to halt the creation of any
new OSSN patches.  This should be a short window.  I would like to wrap
up the existing notes that are in-progress:

  OSSN-0020 - https://review.openstack.org/106837
  OSSN-0021 - https://review.openstack.org/107426
  OSSN-0022 - https://review.openstack.org/108349

After these are merged, I will sync them into the patch I've prepared to
switch repositories[3].  I will then clear out the old repository and
get it removed to prevent confusion.  We will start using the new
repository for OSSN-0023.

So, if you're working on one of the OSSNs that's in-progress, let's
hurry and get it wrapped up! :)  If you're not an author of one of these
in-progress notes, please review them to help get them finished.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Thanks,
-NGK

[1] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-security-notes/
[2] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/security-doc/