[Openstack-security] Process for OSSG Lead Elections

Bryan D. Payne bdpayne at acm.org
Thu Feb 27 20:35:37 UTC 2014

As discussed in the past two OSSG meetings, Rob and I will be stepping down
as the co-leaders of OSSG at the summit in May.  We would like to have an
election process to choose the next leader as this is a community driven
group.

I've been working out the specific details for the election, which is
largely based on the PTL / TC election process used by the broader
OpenStack community.  To ensure that everyone is up to speed, please review
the election process:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security/OSSG_Lead_Election_Spring_2014

We began discussing this in the OSSG meeting today.  Some initial areas of
discussion were around the following points:

1) Is attending a single IRC meeting sufficient to be considered an "active
member"?  Perhaps we should increase this requirement to 3 or more meetings?

2) Does the current proposed timeline work?

There may be other items that catch people's eyes as well.  Please use this
thread to discuss the process and suggest improvements.  I will help
mediate that discussion with the goal of arriving at something we all feel
comfortable with.

Cheers,
-bryan