[Openstack-security] Design Documentation for Secure Cloud Class

Robert Houck houckrj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 11:31:11 UTC 2014

Good day,

Apologize for the direct email. I was not sure how many people would be
pinged for the mailing list. If the contents would be better handled by
another group and/or individuals, please let me know and I will go that
route.

I am a student at the University of Texas at San Antonio and am currently
in a class dealing with cloud security. The project I have chosen to
partake is a review of the architecture, policies, and procedures of open
source cloud stacks like your project.

I will be modeling the the architecture, policies, procedures, and their
interactions with each other and attempting to find possible changes that
would improve their security. My focus is from the virtual machines
perspective and how much information it may be able to gather about the
rest of the cloud operations.

If you are aware of any research on this, please point me in the right
direction. My current searches have not returned any results, but my
knowledge in the area is limited and my search terms may be vague for the
problem set.

Other than the provided documentation provided on the project website, are
their other documents (architecture, design, UML) that might assist me in
my research?

Thank you for your time,

Robert Houck
Student, UTSA