[Openstack-security] Fuzzy test framework in Tempest

Koderer, Marc m.koderer at telekom.de
Wed Feb 5 14:54:36 UTC 2014

Hello Security Team,

David and I are currently working on an automated framework for negative
testing in Tempest. This frameworks generates tests out of json schema
definitions (see https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64733/ and
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/negative-tests).

During discussion we came to the idea that it would be quite easy to build a
security fuzzy test framework out of existing pieces in Tempest. If we'd run
the negative tests in our stress test framework that launches a certain number
of concurrent worker processes. At the end of a run we could use Tempest again
to validate that all services are up and running.

Is this topic potentially interesting for this group?
I saw on your launchpad task board that your are planning something similar:
 "Develop stress tests that can be integrated with current testing"
Did somebody already spend some effort in that area?

I'd like to join your meeting tomorrow and discuss about it.

Regards
Marc

DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
Digital Business Unit, Cloud Services (P&I)
Marc Koderer
Cloud Technology Software Developer
T-Online-Allee 1, 64211 Darmstadt
E-Mail: m.koderer at telekom.de
www.telekom.com

LIFE IS FOR SHARING.

DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Lehner (Chairman)
Board of Management: René Obermann (Chairman),
Reinhard Clemens, Niek Jan van Damme, Timotheus Höttges,
Dr. Thomas Kremer, Claudia Nemat, Prof. Dr. Marion Schick
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 6794
Registered office: Bonn

BIG CHANGES START SMALL – CONSERVE RESOURCES BY NOT PRINTING EVERY E-MAIL.