[Openstack-security] Where do we stand on formal process for classifying the severity of security bugs?

Clark, Robert Graham robert.clark at hp.com
Mon Aug 25 17:44:21 UTC 2014

So typically I use CVSSv2 as a good example of a metric that _doesn’t_ work well for OpenStack – or any virtualisation product.

Proposing a vulnerability metric for OpenStack was on the agenda for the OSSG meet up but lower down the list than some other things and we didn’t get around to it. I asked Doug Chivers to provide some background research which he sent to the list some time ago and had some positive feedback.

This might be a good thing to address in a design session, with appropriate preliminary work.