[Openstack-security] Where do we stand on formal process for classifying the severity of security bugs?

Sriram Subramanian sriram at sriramhere.com
Mon Aug 25 14:40:11 UTC 2014

I am at the OpenStack Ops Midcyle Meetup in San Antonio and asked to
moderate the Security session here (like how Bryan and I did in Atlanta).

I am looking at feedback from Atlanta meetup and one of the feedback from
operators was regarding more clarity on the classification.

I see some note saying "need to work on formal process'. What is our
current status on the same?

Anything I can point to?

Here is the etherpad from Atl:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-summit-ops-security

   - 4) Are there objective measures on severity/ classification?

   -

   - Informal as of now. Need to work on a formal process

-Sriram
425-610-8465
www.sriramhere.com | www.clouddon.com