[Openstack-security] Credentials in clear text

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 01:54:26 UTC 2014

On 04/23/2014 10:24 AM, Tim Bell wrote:

> I think Jose from CERN has been putting in some work on the clients
> and the server for Kerberos in this area.

Yes, I've been working with him on this.  Jamie Lennox is working on the
necessary Client mechanisms to make various auth plugins available from
the Unified CLI, etc.

> There were some problems with the Kerberos packaging and pre-reqs
> along with how to fake a Kerberos server in the test suite but he was
> making progress.

Kerberos Requests needs an upstream release we can pull in.  There is a
change in master not in a released package that we need for Python33

> Is this on the summit agenda ? It would be good to get it working
> since I think it was on my summit talk in Boston.

There is a client talk, but not about this specifically.  We can work
out details in the Developers lounge, though, and also in the General
client talks.