[Openstack-security] Credentials in clear text

Clark, Robert Graham robert.clark at hp.com
Wed Apr 23 17:06:58 UTC 2014

So in this example you'd require manual intervention to provide the
encryption key. (I believe 'read' takes data from the CLI).

That's not going to work for anyone running OpenStack at any sort of
scale. Of course if systems had valid ways to authenticate with Keystone
they could query Barbican for key material, once Barbican is a little
more mature. Then maybe you could look at encrypted configuration files
a little more realistically.

-Rob