[Openstack-security] architectural question about security as a service

Oğuz Yarımtepe oguzyarimtepe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 14:49:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am working on a project to create a DDoS as a service. My aim was to
focus on web based attacks so i was planning to make my design using DNS
redirection and reverse proxy type architecture. This is quiet a clean
solution for me.

Now  i am thinking what will i do if i want to define prevention methods
for different protocols and want a design that will work tenant base.
Whenever a tenant is asked, only for the required machines or subnets, the
requests coming from Internet should be passing through a couple of IDS/IPS
structure that i designed. I am not sure how to do it or where to start for
reading about it.

Any suggestion or a sample architectural design will be welcomed.

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe
http://about.me/oguzy