[Openstack-security] fuzzing openstack API's

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 22:48:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Thomas Biege <thomas at suse.de> wrote:
> my team made fuzz tests about one year ago using
> https://gitorious.org/test-suite/test-suite/source
> /1809ffcf2684e53e073e00aeb356b9710969aff2:fuzz_xmlrpc.pl , other
> tools and manual requests.
>
> Everything we found was put into the bug tracking system.
> Unfortunately I cannot remember the details.
>
> There is also a blueprint for automatic security testing:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/marconi/+spec/security-testing-basic
This is good. It needs to be done with every change to the web gear,
which probably means continuous testing.

Here's some suff that was suggested to me for continuous web app
testing in the past:

  https://www.whitehatsec.com/sentinel_services/sentinel_services.html
  http://www1.contrastsecurity.com/
  https://code.google.com/p/threadfix/

Since HP is active on the project, I would expect Fortify to be available.

Jeff