[Openstack-security] [openstack/python-keystoneclient] SecurityImpact review request change Iae94329e7abd105bf95224d28f39f4b746b9eb70

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 04:03:59 UTC 2013

>     This adds the ability to specify a CA file that will be used to verify a
>     HTTPS connections or insecure to specifically ignore HTTPS validation.
CA file is good, especially if the organization is running its own PKI.

I'm not sure about the other state: no CA means plain text everything.

I'm wondering if a better choice would be to generate a self-signed on
the fly to provide better than nothing security (BTNS).

For those who insist on plain text connections, make them shoot
themselves in the foot by altering a configuration file.

(Sorry about the Gerrit reply. I don't know how to comment on a
concept rather than a particular source file).