[Openstack-security] Certmonger

Bryan D. Payne bdpayne at acm.org
Tue Oct 29 18:23:06 UTC 2013

> Certmonger is supported on both RHEL and Debian based systems, and is
easily
> portable to others.  What is essential is identification of what
additional Certificate
> Authority protocols it needs to support.

Sorry, I was referring to OpenStack distros, not Linux distros.  Basically
I think that everyone has slightly different tooling around how they handle
HTTPS termination (stud, pound, Apache, etc) and each of these would have
slightly different needs for orchestration of the certs and such.
 Traditionally, this has been done outside of the OpenStack projects and
has been more distro specific.  But, perhaps we are approaching the time
for some of that to be more fully integrated into the OpenStack projects
themselves.  Certainly a conversation worth having.

Cheers,
-bryan