[Openstack-security] Question on Documentation Comments (Discuss and Data Sharing)

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:41:26 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Forgive my ignorance here....

I have a Gmail account and the documentation allows one to comment
using Google services. See http://postimg.org/image/rln155gm1/.

When I click the red "G" for Google services, I am present with a
dialog that allows Disqus.com to view my email and account
information. See http://postimg.org/image/7ji7lzusb/.

If I decline to accept the offer to share my information, I am
presented with an error "Oops, something went wrong". See
http://postimg.org/image/eh51rzc2d/.

Some questions:

(1) Who/what is Disqus.com?
(2) Why am I required to share information with Disqus.com?
(3) How do I opt-out of their obscene Terms of Service?
(4) If they monetize the data, how do I collect my share of the profits?
(5) How does forcing users to share data further the goals of OpenStack?

For completeness, I don't participate in the social networking
experiments. So I don't have the other accounts, such as Facebook or
Tweeter.

Thanks in advance,
Jeffrey Walton