[Openstack-security] Fwd: [Full-disclosure] [Django] Cookie-based session storage session invalidation issue

Jacob Kaplan-Moss jacob at djangoproject.com
Fri Oct 4 03:24:46 UTC 2013

We don't agree that this is a security vulnerability, which is why we
haven't addressed the issue. It boils down to "if someone has access to
your computer, then they can pretend to be you", which is a risk, to be
sure, but not one we can address in a web framework.

As the article states, this vulnerability depends on an attacker being able
to "find, steal, or intercept a user’s cookie". Any attacker with this
level of access has a variety of interesting options at their disposal.

Kurt, if you feel this deserves a CVE feel free. I do want to make sure
it's noted, however, that the Django team does not concur that this is a
real vulnerability.

Jacob