[Openstack-security] Enabling SSL/HTTPS for REST API

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 20:05:53 UTC 2013

On 11/13/2013 08:59 PM, Hassan Shaik wrote:
> Hello Openstack security experts,
>
> I am trying to enable SSL/HTTPS in openstack REST API for all services
> (nova/glance endpoint URL). However, I see the documentation to enable
> SSL on keystone service alone.
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-compute/admin/content//keystone-ssl.html
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/configuration.html
>
> 1. Am I missing something? Is SSL/HTTPS supported for nova/glance API too?
http://andymc-stack.co.uk/2013/07/apache2-mod_wsgi-openstack-pt-2-nova-api-os-compute-nova-api-ec2/
http://andymc-stack.co.uk/2013/07/apache2-mod_wsgi-openstack-pt-3-glance-api-glance-registry/#comment-23

People have suggested that the glance one is broken, and comes up Read
Only.  I suspect SELinux issues there

> 2. Also, when I try to enable SSL in keystone service, all nova/glance
> CLI fail to work after the change. And, the debug shows it is trying
> to make use of http even after enabling SSL.
>
> # nova --debug list
>
> REQ: curl -i *http*://openstack-ip:5000/v2.0/tokens -X POST -H
> "passwordCredentials": {"username": "admin", "password": "admin_pass"}}}'

Need to set the Auth endpoint to https when registering it with Keystone.