[Openstack-security] [openstack/keystone] SecurityImpact review request change I19384498839ae6abdf75ce3cd4df1c4618de480e

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Thu Dec 5 18:40:14 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
SecurityImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/60312

Log:
commit e9afe0ee314a9e0a480447218f62ed90fb05798b
Author: Morgan Fainberg <m at metacloud.com>
Date:   Thu Dec 5 10:15:28 2013 -0800

    Add in Encrypt and HMAC validation to KeyValueStore

    Add in the memcache_crypt functionality at the top level of the
    KeyValueStore implementation.  This allows for either Encryption or
    HMAC validation of the data stored in the backend.  This should
    provide a level of (optional) security when dealing with an external
    store for potentially sensitive data.  The security is configured on
    a KeyValueStore by KeyValueStore basis (during the config step)
    instead of globally, making it optional on a case-by-case basis.

    DocImpact
    SecurityImpact

    bp: dogpile-kvs-backends
    Change-Id: I19384498839ae6abdf75ce3cd4df1c4618de480e