[Openstack-security] Authenticating User and Workstation/Device

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 14:55:28 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've been through the OpenStack APIs, but I don't believe I've seen a
solution to my problem. I'm looking for a method to authenticate both
the user and his/her workstation or device.

In this scenario (or use case), the user would be given access to
low/medium/high value data if on their workstation; but only access to
low value data if on a mobile device.

Does OpenStack provide a solution to workstation/device provisioning
and authorizations based on the hardware and data sensitivity levels?

Thanks in advance,
Jeffrey Walton