[Openstack-security] [OSSG] DRAFT: Security Note: Keystone Resource Exhaustion without HTTP POST limiting

Bryan D. Payne bdpayne at acm.org
Thu Apr 18 06:18:20 UTC 2013

FWIW, I believe that one of the decision points here was that this
resource exhaustion attack is linear, rather than exponential.  So
it's not as bad as a traditional DoS attack.  I could see this one
going either way.  Happy to close the loop with VMT before publishing
the note.  However, it may also be worth noting that this entire bug /
OSN has been handled publicly.

Cheers,
-bryan