[openstack-qa] Fail injection tests for Swift and possible merge with Tempest

Martina Kollarova mkollaro at redhat.com
Fri May 10 14:31:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

I started to write fail injection tests, currently specialized to Swift.

https://github.com/mkollaro/destroystack

A decision has been made to have all tests in one repository and I got
asked me if it would be possible to add these to Tempest. The main
problems with that are:
1. they are very setup dependent - Swift has to be installed in a
specific way and needs multiple servers
2. needs re-installation between test suites, since different tests
expect a different topology (see file TEST_PLAN.md)
3. it will shut down servers, change configuration, etc
4. will be quite slow

So I was wondering if and how this would fit into Tempest after the repo
reorganization[1]. I would be very thankful for any comments on this.

Martina

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/tempest-repo-restructure
--
Martina Kollarova