[openstack-qa] Priolity brainstorming my initial toughts

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Sat Jun 15 05:07:25 UTC 2013

Matt,

The per class sounds good to me.

Another partitioning possibility is using testresources
 for the 'active servers',
Most of the test cases just needs an active server,
 and in the past it was the most expensive operation.

The build interval in the past was 3 sec, now it is 1 sec,
 this also can have effect to the total active server cost.

testresources has concepts to work in higher scope than a class.

The per class or test method isolated credentials
 can cause issues in this case.

I am wondering what is missing for partitioning active servers
 equally among the worker processes ?
What are the other expensive operations which enforcing serialization.
Is the active volumes ?

OptimisingTestSuite seams like the suite which needed to mange the
 resources over classes.
Can it be used together ?

May be this the option we did not considered yet.

We should use the similar sized system as gate jobs for benchmarking.

I think the speed-up is one of the most important project now.
You are the leader of this project, anything I said before is just recommendation.

I am starting to hunt down all kind of resource leakage, what I can detect.
If there is anything else what I can do let me know.

Many of the gate jobs fails because of "race" issues in the other services.
Finding the root cause is usually not a small task,
 but this is another thing I think I can help.

Best Regards,
Attila

PS.: in the past tempest code base contained parallel unsafe,
  invalid token injection. Is this issue completely solved ?