[openstack-qa] Why not to use with context ?

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 16:09:30 UTC 2013

The with context are very powerful element of the python, this
should be used wisely. I like it.

One my main concern against massive with context usage is python 2.6.
I need to use tempest with python 2.6 nowadays.

In complex test case you would need to have more than 10 with.
        with ..
            with ..
                with ..
                    with ..
                        with ..
                            with ..
                                with ..
                                    with ..
                                        with ..
                                            with ..

http://docs.python.org/2/whatsnew/2.7.html#python-3-1-features

The syntactical sugar what usable in python 2.6 is similar to the one
used by testresources.