[openstack-qa] Blueprint: Simplify stress tests and make them run

Koderer, Marc m.koderer at telekom.de
Wed Jul 17 12:02:51 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013, Matthew Treinish wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 10:17:00AM -0400, David Kranz wrote:
> > On 07/16/2013 10:06 AM, Matthew Treinish wrote:
> > >Snip...
> > >What do you mean with "more sane"? Could you propose a better
> interface?
>
> That is actually all that I was looking for, I probably should have
> asked before I wrote the tox job...
>
> I've fixed things up here:
> https://review.openstack.org/37262
> https://review.openstack.org/37263
>
> Using JSON works fine, I'm just not used to it. I think what really is
> needed is a little documentation on how this is supposed to work. I'll
> write something up in a bit and push it out.

Sorry I have some late finding regarding this one:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/37263/

The new "-s" option (serial processing) will always run the clean-up
function on for each action. That gives maximum safety but cost a
lot of time - should we have another switch to deactivate this
behavior?

And the time specified in "-d" will be set for each action and
not for the whole test run. Should we divide it by len(tests)?