[openstack-qa] Disable all volume tests?

Jay Buffington me at jaybuff.com
Tue Jul 16 18:06:57 UTC 2013

My openstack installation does not include volume storage.  I want to run
tempests against it, but I get a lot of errors/failures related to cinder.
 For example, all the tests in tempest.api.compute.volumes error.

I see that BaseVolumeTest skips tests when it can't find a cinder endpoint,
but that code doesn't get run for tests under tempest.api.compute.

Perhaps tempest should having a setting to skip all tests that require
cinder:

    [volume]
    cinder_available = false

Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?  Or should I add a
blueprint/bug for this?

Thanks,
Jay