[openstack-qa] Draft QA mission statement

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Jul 15 11:45:34 UTC 2013

On 07/14/2013 09:32 AM, Attila Fazekas wrote:
> IMHO the tempest scope is a little bit larger
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/RefStackBlueprint.
>
> At least the user API tests should be able to run against
>   any cloud deployment.

I think, like all OpenStack projects, we should make our tools
generically useful when possible. I'm not sure that means it needs to be
in our mission statement.

The reason I put upstream quality in there specifically is to call out
the idea that any projects we sanction have to contribute to upstream
quality. If they don't, I don't think they fit.

Refstack is probably going to become it's own program, and it may reuse
tempest tech, which is good. But I actually think that's a different beast.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net