[openstack-qa] Fwd: Re: [openstack-dev] The danger of capping python-*clients in core projects, and forbidding it in the future

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 14:13:48 UTC 2013

I can't make the meeting today but I would have wanted to discuss

Step four make sure tempest has adequate tests to detect incompatible
changes in client python apis. I think this would require two steps:

1. Make sure we have good coverage of the client apis, perhaps by making
sure the scenario tests cover widely
2. Run the scenario tests of previous api versions using clients from master

This is kind of tricky.

  -David