[openstack-qa] PTL Nomination / Process - throwing my hat in the ring

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Jul 9 11:49:14 UTC 2013

Now that QA is an official OpenStack Program we need both a PTL and
Program description. My previous suggestion is we handle the PTL part
first. That seemed to be generally agreed upon, with the process being
that qa-core members are the voters for this.

So I suggest that we open up the PTL process with nominations, with the
hopes of getting all nominations by Thursday's QA meeting. If there are
multiple nominations we'll organize a vote. If not it will just be
consensus based.

I think most folks are around this week, so hopefully this is fine.
Realize what we are voting on is the QA PTL for Havana, we'll be doing
this again at every release boundary so again in Oct for Icehouse, April
for J, etc, etc.

And with that, I'd like to nominate myself for QA PTL for Havana. Over
the past couple of cycles I've been focused on the QA team process, to
get us tracking towards a release a little bit better, restructuring
tempest so that it's clearer from a contribution perspective, and lots
of reviews. I've also done a lot of work on non Tempest QA efforts like
Grenade and the Devstack gate, the rechecks page
(http://status.openstack.org/rechecks/).

I'm currently focused on new tooling to make it easier to find and
correlate errors in the OpenStack gate, as well as be able to get us to
a point of enforcing that we don't have stack traces in successful runs.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net