[openstack-qa] Please use testtools instead of unittest2 when write new test, no dependence between new tests will be better.

Zhu Bo bozhu at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 5 07:29:46 UTC 2013

Hi Stackers:
     We have used the testtools instead of unittest2 in tempest.
So when we run tempest, if it require unittest2 packages. We should look
into
why it needs unittest2, and can we use testtools instead? Not just
add unittest2 in pip-require simply. And new test added into
tempest should use testtools other than unittest2. We are implementing
the bp:speed-up-tempest. It will run the tempest in multiple process,
so new test won't depend on other test will be better. If these new tests
must run in a fix order, I think we should make them one test.

Thanks & Best Regards

Ivan