[Openstack-personas] Summit Gathering

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 21:10:20 UTC 2014

On Mar 6, 2014, at 4:03 PM, Jacki Bauer <jacki.bauer at RACKSPACE.COM> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
> I've never been to an OpenStack Summit. Do designers get together separately from the conference? Like a dinner or happy hour where we can chat and get to know each other?

Jacki, I think this is a great idea. I’ve been to Summits in the past but haven’t had much luck tracking down other designers. I think I met one person from RackSpace, Kev, in Portland…but that’s it.

Just so you know, there are normally events (sometimes multiple!) each evening during the week so there is definitely a ton going on at all times. I’d be happy to get together and go to one or more of these events together or skip one and do dinner with fellow designers. Another option would be to do breakfast one morning. There is normally a Women of OpenStack breakfast one morning during the week, but otherwise we are mostly on our own for breakfast from my past experience.

> If not, is there interest in doing this? How many of you will be in Atlanta in May?

I’ll be in ATL from Sunday evening through Friday afternoon, staying at the Westin FWIW. I know Ju will be attending too. Anyone else?

Liz