[Openstack-personas] Participants needed for Horizon usability study

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 21:12:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

Would be very interesting for me to see in the "Launching an instance"
scenario what happens in a bare first-login situation. "Create an
internal network", "create a router", "connect internal net to router &
set external net as gateway", "create Floating IPs" are all totally
non-obviou ssteps if your endgame is being able to SSH into the instance
(which is, I think, a reasonable target for the endgame).

Cheers,
Dave.

On 02/13/2014 09:56 PM, Liz Blanchard wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Kruithof, Piet <pieter.c.kruithof-jr at hp.com
> <mailto:pieter.c.kruithof-jr at hp.com>> wrote:
>
>> BTW – it would be great if anyone could recommend an operator that
>> would be interested in participating in the study.  Currently, the
>> biggest barrier is lack of people….
>>
>> Also, we need 4-6 scenarios/task to have people complete as part of
>> the study.  Any recommendations would be welcome and potentially
>> increase the likelihood of being invited to observe.
>
> Here are some ideas for a few basic scenarios/tasks for a self-service
> Horizon user…
>
> Scenario: Launching an instance
> Individual Tasks:
> -Create a security key pair. (Could be set up optionally before test)
> -Create a network. (Could be set up optionally before test)
> -Import an image. (Could be optional)
> -Launch an instance using security key pair X, network Y, and image Z.
> (Could add in additional requirements such as size or number of
> instances to launch.)
> -Confirm that instance was launched successfully.
>
> Scenario: Understand how many vCPUs are currently in use vs. how much
> quota is left.
> Individual Tasks:
> -Check out Overview Page to review current quota use/limit details.
>
> Scenario: Take a snapshot of an Instance to save for later use.
> Individual Tasks:
> -Either Launch an instance successfully, or identify a running instance
> in the instance view.
> -Choose to take a snapshot of that instance.
> -Confirm that the snapshot was successful.
>
> Scenario: Launch an instance from a snapshot.
> Individual Tasks:
> -Choose to either create an instance and boot from a snapshot, or
> identify a snapshot to create an instance from.
> -Confirm that the instance was started successfully.
>
> Scenario: Launch an instance that boots from a specific volume.
> Individual Tasks:
> -Create a volume (Could be set up optionally before test)
> -Launch an instance using Volume X as a boot source.
>
> Liz
>

>> Piet

Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13