[Openstack-personas] Participants needed for Horizon usability study

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 20:56:34 UTC 2014

On Feb 13, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Kruithof, Piet <pieter.c.kruithof-jr at hp.com> wrote:

> BTW – it would be great if anyone could recommend an operator that would be interested in participating in the study.  Currently, the biggest barrier is lack of people….
>
> Also, we need 4-6 scenarios/task to have people complete as part of the study.  Any recommendations would be welcome and potentially increase the likelihood of being invited to observe.

Here are some ideas for a few basic scenarios/tasks for a self-service Horizon user…

Scenario: Launching an instance
Individual Tasks:
-Create a security key pair. (Could be set up optionally before test)
-Create a network. (Could be set up optionally before test)
-Import an image. (Could be optional)
-Launch an instance using security key pair X, network Y, and image Z. (Could add in additional requirements such as size or number of instances to launch.)
-Confirm that instance was launched successfully.

Scenario: Understand how many vCPUs are currently in use vs. how much quota is left.
Individual Tasks:
-Check out Overview Page to review current quota use/limit details.

Scenario: Take a snapshot of an Instance to save for later use.
Individual Tasks:
-Either Launch an instance successfully, or identify a running instance in the instance view.
-Choose to take a snapshot of that instance.
-Confirm that the snapshot was successful.

Scenario: Launch an instance from a snapshot.
Individual Tasks:
-Choose to either create an instance and boot from a snapshot, or identify a snapshot to create an instance from.
-Confirm that the instance was started successfully.

Scenario: Launch an instance that boots from a specific volume.
Individual Tasks:
-Create a volume (Could be set up optionally before test)
-Launch an instance using Volume X as a boot source.

Liz