[Openstack-personas] Proposed Roles

Kruithof, Piet pieter.c.kruithof-jr at hp.com
Mon Feb 3 19:21:16 UTC 2014

We are proposing that the team begin with the following roles.

Cloud Developer: Design, implement, publish and maintain the technical aspects of a service component
Cloud Operator: Monitor running systems, and track and initially triage events
Cloud Administrator: Responsible for all cloud operational processes in their area of expertise (e.g., Network)
Tenant / Domain Administrator: Responsible for administering a customer's communities and their resources
Cloud Consumer / End User: Request & use resources, depending on aaS offering (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc. user)

We may tackle other (business/marketing/sales) roles later, but felt it may be easier for the team to limit the scope rather than try to boil the ocean.

Also, I wanted to note that these are the types of roles that we intended to interview;  however, there is a possibility that the actually personas could be different.

Homework for Wednesday

-         Please review the roles and provide feedback

-         Think about the specific tasks each role completes as part of their job duties.  That will help us write a screener to identify specific candidates to interview.

Cheers,

Piet

Pieter Kruithof, MS, CPE
UX Design and Research Lead