[Openstack-operators] Cinder HA with zookeeper or redis?

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Mon Sep 10 03:58:08 UTC 2018

Hi James,

James Penick <jpenick at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hey folks,
> Does anyone have experience using zookeeper or redis to handle HA failover
>in cinder clusters?

I'm guessing you mean failover of an active/passive cinder-volume
service?

>I know there's docs on pacemaker, however we already
>have the other two installed and don't want to add yet another component to
>package and maintain in our clusters.

I'm afraid I don't, but if you make any progress on this, please let
me know as it would be great to document:

  - how this would work
  - any pros and cons vs. Pacemaker

and maybe I can help with that.

One particular question: if the node running the service becomes
unreachable, is it safe to fail it over straight away, or is fencing
required first?  (I'm pretty sure I've asked this same question
before, but I can't remember the answer - sorry!)