[Openstack-operators] [octavia][rocky] Octavia and VxLAN without DVR

Florian Engelmann florian.engelmann at everyware.ch
Tue Oct 23 11:52:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

We did test Octavia with Pike (DVR deployment) and everything was
working right our of the box. We changed our underlay network to a
Layer3 spine-leaf network now and did not deploy DVR as we don't wanted
to have that much cables in a rack.

Octavia is not working right now as the lb-mgmt-net does not exist on
the compute nodes nor does a br-ex.

The control nodes running

octavia_worker
octavia_housekeeping
octavia_health_manager
octavia_api

and as far as I understood octavia_worker, octavia_housekeeping and
octavia_health_manager have to talk to the amphora instances. But the
control nodes are spread over three different leafs. So each control
node in a different L2 domain.

So the question is how to deploy a lb-mgmt-net network in our setup?

- Compute nodes have no "stretched" L2 domain
- Control nodes, compute nodes and network nodes are in L3 networks like
api, storage, ...
- Only network nodes are connected to a L2 domain (with a separated NIC)
providing the "public" network

All the best,
Florian