[Openstack-operators] osops-tools-monitoring Dependency problems

Tomáš Vondra vondra at homeatcloud.cz
Fri Oct 19 08:58:30 UTC 2018

Hi!
I'm a long time user of monitoring-for-openstack, also known as oschecks.
Concretely, I used a version from 2015 with OpenStack python client
libraries from Kilo. Now I have upgraded them to Mitaka and it got broken.
Even the latest oschecks don't work. I didn't quite expect that, given that
there are several commits from this year e.g. by Nagasai Vinaykumar
Kapalavai and paramite. Can one of them or some other user step up and say
what version of OpenStack clients is oschecks working with? Ideally, write
it down in requirements.txt so that it will be reproducible? Also, some
documentation of what is the minimal set of parameters would also come in
handy.
Thanks a lot, Tomas from Homeatcloud

The error messages are as absurd as:
oschecks-check_glance_api --os_auth_url='http://10.1.101.30:5000/v2.0'
--os_username=monitoring --os_password=XXX --os_tenant_name=monitoring

CRITICAL: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oschecks/utils.py", line 121, in
safe_run
    method()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oschecks/glance.py", line 29, in
_check_glance_api
    glance = utils.Glance()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oschecks/utils.py", line 177, in
__init__
    self.glance.parser = self.glance.get_base_parser(sys.argv)
TypeError: get_base_parser() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

(I can see 4 parameters on the command line.)