[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [horizon][nova][cinder][keystone][glance][neutron][swift] Horizon feature gaps

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:41:36 UTC 2018

On 10/17/2018 9:24 AM, Ivan Kolodyazhny wrote:

> As you may know, unfortunately, Horizon doesn't support all features
> provided by APIs. That's why we created feature gaps list [1].
>
> I'd got a lot of great conversations with projects teams during the PTG
> and we tried to figure out what should be done prioritize these tasks.
> It's really helpful for Horizon to get feedback from other teams to
> understand what features should be implemented next.
>
> While I'm filling launchpad with new bugs and blueprints for [1], it
> would be good to review this list again and find some volunteers to
> decrease feature gaps.
>
> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/horizon-feature-gap
>
> Thanks everybody for any of your contributions to Horizon.

+openstack-sigs
+openstack-operators

I've left some notes for nova. This looks very similar to the compute
API OSC gap analysis I did [1]. Unfortunately it's hard to prioritize
what to really work on without some user/operator feedback - maybe we
can get the user work group involved in trying to help prioritize what
people really want that is missing from horizon, at least for compute?

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/compute-api-microversion-gap-in-osc

Matt