[Openstack-operators] nova_api resource_providers table issues on ocata

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:44:47 UTC 2018

Hello, here the select you suggested:

MariaDB [nova]> select * from shadow_services;
Empty set (0,00 sec)

MariaDB [nova]> select * from shadow_compute_nodes;
Empty set (0,00 sec)

As far as the upgrade tooling is concerned, we are using only yum update on
old compute nodes to have same packages installed on the new compute-nodes
Procedure used
We have an openstack with 3 compute nodes : podto1-kvm01, podto1-kvm02,
podto1-kvm03
1) install a new compute node (podto1-kvm04)
2) On controller we discovered the new compute node: su -s /bin/sh -c
"nova-manage cell_v2 discover_hosts --verbose" nova
3) Evacuate podto1-kvm01
4) yum update on podto1-kvm01 and reboot it
5) Evacuate podto1-kvm02
6) yum update on podto1-kvm02 and reboot it
7) Evacuate podto1-kvm03
8) yum update podto1-kvm03 and reboot it