[Openstack-operators] nova_api resource_providers table issues on ocata

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:19:18 UTC 2018

On 10/17/2018 01:41 AM, Ignazio Cassano wrote:
> Hello Jay,  when I add a New compute node I run nova-manage cell_v2
> discover host .
> IS it possible this command update the old host uuid in resource table?

No, not unless you already had a nova-compute installed on a host with
the exact same hostname... which, from looking at the output of your
SELECT from compute_nodes table, doesn't seem to be the case.

In short, I think both Sylvain and I are stumped as to how your
placement resource_providers table ended up with these phantom records :(

-jay