[Openstack-operators] [nova][xenapi] can we deprecate the xenapi-specific 'nova-console' service?

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:07:38 UTC 2018

Greetings Devs and Ops,

Today I noticed that our code does not handle the 'nova-console' service
properly in a multi-cell deployment and given that no one has complained
or reported bugs about it, we're wondering if anyone still uses the
nova-console service. The documentation [1] says that the nova-console
service is a "XenAPI-specific service that most recent VNC proxy
architectures do not use."

Can anyone from xenapi land shed some light on whether the nova-console
service is still useful in deployments using the xenapi driver, or is it
an old relic that we should deprecate and remove?

Thanks for your help,
-melanie

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/remote-console-access.html