[Openstack-operators] [neutron][lbaas][neutron-lbaas][octavia] Update on the previously announced deprecation of neutron-lbaas and neutron-lbaas-dashboard

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 16:19:16 UTC 2018

Hi Sam,

We worked with the providers[1] to develop the new provider driver
specification for Octavia and from that process the existing drivers
will need some modifications. Our hope is this new specification will
speed up the availability of vendor driver updates by empowering the
providers to manage their own patches and releases.

I have created this page to help track the available provider drivers:
https://docs.openstack.org/octavia/latest/admin/providers.html

To date, there are two drivers (Octavia Amphroa and OVN) available and
two third party providers are almost ready with their drivers.

Unfortunately I do not have any information to share about the MidoNet
provider. I recommend you contact them directly to understand their
plans for migrating to Octavia.

Michael

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509957/