[Openstack-operators] [nova] Would an api option to create an instance without powering on be useful?

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 12:06:56 UTC 2018

I have a request to do $SUBJECT in relation to a V2V workflow. The use
case here is conversion of a VM/Physical which was previously powered
off. We want to move its data, but we don't want to be powering on
stuff which wasn't previously on.

This would involve an api change, and a hopefully very small change in
drivers to support it. Technically I don't see it as an issue.

However, is it a change we'd be willing to accept? Is there any good
reason not to do this? Are there any less esoteric workflows which
might use this feature?

Matt
--
Matthew Booth