[Openstack-operators] new SIGs to cover use cases

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Mon Nov 12 15:46:38 UTC 2018

Team,
At today Board and joint TC and UC meetings 2 questions come up:

  1.  Do we have or want to create a user community around Hybrid cloud. This is one of the major push of OpenStack for the communities. With 70+% of questionnaire responders told that they deploy and use hybrid cloud. We do have Public and Private clouds SIGs but not hybrid. That brings the question where do we capture and driver hybrid cloud requirements.
  2.  As we target AI/ML as 2019 target application domain do we want to create a SIG for it? Or do we extend scientific community SIG to cover it?

Want to start dialog on it.
Thanks,
Arkady