[Openstack-operators] Diversity and Inclusion at OpenStack Summit

Amy Marrich amy at demarco.com
Wed Nov 7 15:18:47 UTC 2018

I just wanted to pass on a few things we have going on during Summit that
might be of interest!

*Diversity and Inclusion GroupMe* - Is it your first summit and you don't
know anyone else? Maybe you just don't want to travel to and from the venue
alone? In the tradition of WoO, I have created a GroupMe so people can
communicate with each other. If you would like to be added to the group
please let me know and I'll get you added!

*Night Watch Tour *- On Wednesday night at 10PM, members of the community
will be meeting up to go on a private Night Watch Tour[0]! This is a
non-alcoholic activity for those wanting to get with other Stackers, but
don't want to partake in the Pub Crawl! We've been doing these since Boston
and they're a lot of fun. The cost is 15 euros cash and I do need you to
RSVP to me as we will need to get a second guide if we grow too large!

Summit sessions you may wish to attend:
Tuesday -
*Speed Mentoring Lunch* [1] 12:30 -1:40 - We are still looking for both
Mentors and Mentees for the session so please RSVP! This is another great
way to meet people in the community, learn more and give back!!!
*Cohort Mentoring BoF* [2] 4:20 - 5:00 - Come talk to the people in charge
of the Cohort Mentoring program and see how you can get involved as a
Mentor or Mentee!
*D&I WG Update* [3] 5:10- 5:50 - Learn what we've been up to, how you can
get involved, and what's next.

Wednesday -
*Git and Gerrit Hands-On Workshop* [4] 3:20 - 4:20 - So you've seen some
exciting stuff this week but don't know how to get setup to start
contributing? This session is for you in that we'll walk you through
getting your logins, your system configured and if time allows even how to
submit a bug and patch!

Thursday -
*Mentoring Program Reboot* [5] 3:20 - 4:00 - Learn about the importance of
mentoring, the changes in the OPenStack mentoring programs and how you can
get involved.

Hope to see everyone in Berlin next week! Please feel free to contact me or
grab me in the hall next week with any questions or to join in the fun!

Amy Marrich (spotz)
Diversity and Inclusion WG Chair

[0] - http://baerentouren.de/nachtwache_en.html
[1] -