[Openstack-operators] Ops Community Documentation - first anchor point

Chris Morgan mihalis68 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 01:38:32 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

In the Ops Community documentation working session today in Vancouver, we
made some really good progress (etherpad here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-Ops-Community-Docs but not all of the
good stuff is yet written down).

In short, we're going to course correct on maintaining the Operators Guide,
the HA Guide and Architecture Guide, not edit-in-place via the wiki and
instead try still maintaining them as code, but with a different, new set
of owners, possibly in a new Ops-focused repo. There was a strong consensus
that a) code workflow >> wiki workflow and that b) openstack core docs
tools are just fine.

There is a lot still to be decided on how where and when, but we do have an
offer of a rewrite of the HA Guide, as long as the changes will be allowed
to actually land, so we expect to actually start showing some progress.

At the end of the session, people wanted to know how to follow along as
various people work out how to do this... and so for now that place is this
very email thread. The idea is if the code for those documents goes to live
in a different repo, or if new contributors turn up, or if a new version we
will announce/discuss it here until such time as we have a better home for
this initiative.

Cheers

Chris

--