[Openstack-operators] Need feedback for nova aborting cold migration function

Flint WALRUS gael.therond at gmail.com
Wed May 23 21:59:37 UTC 2018

We are using multiple storage backend / topology on our side ranging from
ScaleIO to CEPH passing by local compute host storage (were we need cold
storage) and VNX, I have to said that CEPH is our best bet. Since we use it
we clearly reduced our outages, allowed our user advanced features such as
live-migration, boot from volumes and on top of that a better and more
reliable performance.

Yet we still need to get live and cold migration the same features set as
our users/customers are really expecting us to provide a seamless
experience between options.

I can’t really speak out about real numbers but I’m within the video game
industry if that help to drive support and traction/interest.

Thanks for the survey btw.

Kind regards,
Gaël.