[Openstack-operators] community vs founation membership

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Tue May 22 15:26:50 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 03:12:28PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
:On 2018-05-22 08:02:34 -0700 (-0700), Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
:[...]
:> Again seeing these reviews is public but writing reviews requires
:> foundation memebership in the same way being a code contributor does.
:[...]
:
:In fact, commenting on https://review.openstack.org/ only requires
:creating an account at https://login.ubuntu.com/ (the OpenID service
:we're presently using for that) and logging in with it. Further, we
:dropped the need to become a member of the OpenStack Foundation in
:order to submit patches for review (it was never a legal
:requirement, but only a quirk of how we were previously linking
:accounts together to simplify technical elections). Contributing
:patches to most OpenStack projects does require agreeing to the
:OpenStack Individual Contributor License Agreement (ICLA) in Gerrit
:for now, but this is not the same thing as becoming an Individual
:Member of the OpenStack Foundation and doesn't even require any
:account on www.openstack.org for now, just login.ubuntu.com (this
:will likely change in the future when we eventually switch OpenID
:providers).

Excellent! Glad to stand corrected, lower barriers are better barriers
:)

-Jon